Friday, November 17, 2006

Homer Watson Bridge

On November 11th they started to tear down the Homer Watson Bridge over the 401. By 10:00 am the next morning all was gone.


The bridge movers were standing ready with a amazing amount organization. Each ready to move in and take away what was left of the bridge after the steel jaws were done chewing on it.


I took these pictures with my Canon Rebel XTi around 11:30 at night. It was cold. You could hear the work all the way back at our house. Can't wait for the work to be done.

2 comments:

Andy & Margaret said...

Margaret writes:

Hi Jo,

Maybe I've been doing too much Christmas shopping, but the machinery in the pictures look just like the toys in the store.

I don't think you want the kids playing with one of those!

Does this mean that you will have to contend with more noise during the construction of something new?

Andy & Margaret said...

Jo,

We need a new driveway. Do you think you can talk to them and have them come over? Grease some palms. ;-)

Andy